Situated in a Canadian prairie province on Treaty 4 land where
Aboriginal issues are exceedingly relevant, Briercrest
full- and part-time learners from across the globe. Our unique, safe, and caring community campus provides a complete educational journey.
The Indigenous Centre provides a space where students can find academic support, stay connected to their Indigenous culture, and connect with other Briercrest students. We are committed to increasing the admission and retention rates of Indigenous students and encourage their pursuit of higher education. We encourage First Nations, Inuit, or Métis students to identify themselves when filling out their applications allowing a more seamless transition to the Briercrest community.
Some of our services include:
- Relationships with Indigenous communities and organizations
- Self-identification program
- Advocacy and support for academic issues
- Peer tutoring
- Advocacy and support for non-academic issues
- Cultural and spiritual advising
- Indigenous student funding advising and support
- Alumni network and role model program
- Work and ministry opportunities for Indigenous students
- Opportunities for event participation
- Indigenous Awareness Week
- Indigenous Emphasis in Chapel
- Youth Quake
- Intramural and competitive athletic opportunities and scholarships
"We want you to get the most out of your time at Briercrest, and we are very happy to help you achieve that. We strive to provide a 'home away from home' atmosphere, surrounded by a circle of community and care teams to walk alongside you in your education and your journey of emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of well-being. What are you waiting for? Apply today…Meegwetch!" - KALLIE WOOD, INDIGENOUS DIRECTOR
Want to learn more?
Contact Kallie Wood via email or phone (306) 756-3249.
Also, be sure to like us on Facebook to receive the most current news!